Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 1, 2001  6:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] musical theatre credits for opera singers

Hey, everyone. I want to bounce something off of you guys.

I just got a job at a pretty reputable theatre as Gymnasia in Forum. For
those of you who don't know, this is a primarily dancing and
standing-around-looking-sexy role. The pay is very good and my friend who
used to work there said it is one of the best places he's ever worked.

Now here's my question... I've been studying opera, and I want to be able to
have a career in it, but I've always thought how great it would be if I could
do both opera and musical theatre.... I want to know what you people think
about this. If I spend 3 months of my life doing a musical theatre role,
will this hinder me in the future as I try to make it in the opera world? I
know the role will be healthy singing-wise, because we just sing in the
chorus numbers.... and I'll have plenty of time to do my own practicing and
even get lessons from a teacher I know nearby.

So, please let me know your thoughts... I have to get back to this director
tomorrow (friday)

thanks! Lauren

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15048 Re: musical theatre credits for opera singers Greypins@a...   Thu  11/1/2001   2 KB
15049 Re: musical theatre credits for opera singers Imthurn Melinda   Thu  11/1/2001   2 KB
15055 Re: musical theatre credits for opera singers Ian Belsey   Fri  11/2/2001   2 KB
15075 Re: musical theatre credits for opera singers SlightlyoffBroadway   Fri  11/2/2001   3 KB

emusic.com