Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
"Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Tue Dec 5, 2000  1:24 am
Subject:  Fw: [vocalist] Quick breaths/Rejoice Greatly

> 16ths have to be 'on the breath'. I don't know if you have heard that
term
> before, but if you can do it, you can sing 16th notes for days! I am sure
> there are people on this list who have explained what this phrase means,
and
> could oblige again, because I'm not sure I can explain it well enough
without
> being able to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Hi everyone,

I know this has been discussed many times, but couldn't find any messages on
it in the archives. Would any of our sages care to share with me their
thoughts on "singing on the breath"? I asked my teacher; her view is that it
means all one's breath is going toward sound production, with no breathiness
whatsoever. I understand what she means but am having a little trouble
putting it into practice. I'd be very interested to hear other perspectives
to help me grasp this concept.

As always, many thanks in advance,
Rachel
despina@p...