Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sun Oct 28, 2001  1:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Interesting Singer Diary on the Web

In a message dated 10/27/2001 7:29:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
peggyh@i... writes:
peggyh@i... writes:

> Watching Bartoli do the Figaro Susanna at the Met, I felt
> like she used at least as much energy as a professional
> basketball player.

peggy,

please tell me you're kidding. in that production, she may have used
more energy than most other opera singers do in other roles but, she did not
use as much energy as a professional basketball player does in a game (unless
you're talking about someone like chuck nevitt).

i once heard a baseball announcer say, just before the first pitch was
thrown "and now, the chess match begins..." chess?!? give me a break!
(i think he meant 'checkers'.) there were times, when i was a little kid
playing army, that i felt like i was really fighting a war. that feeling
didn't make it true.

(kissing a conductor's butt for a role is probably the only activity
most singers do that uses anywhere near as much energy as an athletic event.)

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14977 Re: Interesting Singer Diary on the Web Deal Diva Laura   Sun  10/28/2001   3 KB

emusic.com