Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Fri Oct 26, 2001  8:00 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Operatic Baby Names

Oh I just think it would be a hoot as well. There was a day there where I
actually considered naming my daughter Adina. My husband wasn't too keen on
it though :( But that's ok. I think it would be tons of fun to just browse
through. Can you imagine someone naming their son Nemorino Belcore? or
their daughter Blondchen? Of course, there are some more reasonable names
like Giannetta (ok, I guess I have l'Elixir on my mind today) or Norma.

And it occurs to me that if you do send me names and origins, it might be
good if you could pass on any known meanings of those names as well. For
instance, I seem to recall that Nemorino means something like "Little Man"
(I may have that wrong, that's just what sticks out in my mind).

Laura