Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed May 10, 2000  3:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Children's Career-was career+children

In a message dated 05/10/2000 9:10:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
leskayc@a... writes:

<< Music Ed would be one thing, but she wants performance. I understand
his concerns, but she is really talented. My own father kept me from
majoring in voice and I have regretted it. >>

I majored in music ed when I wanted performance. Biggest mistake I ever
made. I wasted time in classes that I had no interest in, and as it turned
out, no use for. I should have been focusing on my singing.

I think a performance major prepares you for many things - marketing; sales;
teaching (especially if you have that grad degree).

Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow (a book I own - can't remember the
author - see Amazon.com).

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com