Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "despina@p..." < "despina@p..." < Date:  Tue Oct 23, 2001  4:29 pm
Subject:  Quick Breaths

Hi everybody,

Can any of our sages give me some advice on taking quick breaths? I'm working
on a Handel aria ("Rejoice greatly") and have to take quick breaths in two of
the runs. When I breathe "in rhythm," I can't seem to get enough air to
complete the passage, but breaths that allow me to get adequate air take too
much time and interrupt the flow of the music.

As always, any help would be *greatly* appreciated. Thanks!

Rachel
despina@p...
despina@p...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14896 Re: Quick Breaths Greypins@a...   Tue  10/23/2001   2 KB
14897 Re: Quick Breaths Imthurn Melinda   Tue  10/23/2001   2 KB
14899 Re: Quick Breaths Karen Mercedes   Tue  10/23/2001   5 KB
14912 Re: Quick Breaths sopran@a...   Wed  10/24/2001   3 KB

emusic.com