Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
"Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Tue Oct 23, 2001  9:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OT: Moulin Rouge - An Opera ?

Thought that I'd post this reply for those as are interested.
If you can suffer actors singing for a couple of hours you should give the
film a look.
(How _do_ they make those brassy noises....ouch!!)

Kevin.
--------------------------
Baz is well known in Opera circles here in Australia. He produced the most
successful production of Les Bohemes a few years back (you may have seen it
on video, with Cheryl Barker and David Hobson), and has also done an
extremely successful Midsummer Night Dream. I think his style is very well
suited to opera. Indeed, it appears mild in operas, though a little over
the top in film.

He is used, often, by the Australian Opera, and always successfullly.

Di

emusic.com