Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 22, 2001  5:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion to Mike mostly!

Mike,

I feel that part way through my vocal training, around sophomore year, I was
a worse singer/performer than I was before I had any training. I was so
caught up in the nitty gritty of lessons and diction, etc, that I just
couldn't enjoy myself. But now that I have my technique down and I don't
worry about anything coming out of my mouth (well, usually...) I feel that I
can be even more free with my singing and performing. I can take it even a
level further because singing has become like breathing to me. So natural.
This was not the case always before I had lessons.

emusic.com