Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Elisabeth Aileen Kisselstein" <elisabethkisselstein@h...>
Date:  Sun Oct 21, 2001  1:39 am
Subject:  Searching for sheet music

This is going to sound like an odd request, but I am looking for a copy of
the sheet music to "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". Wait - there's more. I
have know this song all my life - in fact, my grandfather would sing it
every day to my grandmother, often just before she went to sleep at night,
when I was taking care of them these last few years). However...

At the New York State Fair (Syracuse, NY), I went to the musical instrument
museum in the Women's Building (or Art and Home Center - whatever they are
calling it these days) and was given the chance to play the old player
piano. I accepted the offer and asked if they had "Let Me Call You
Sweetheart". They let me search their collection and sure enough, I found
it. As it played, to my surprise, there was a B section, whose music and
words I have never heard or seen before. I have searched through both my
music collection and the collection my parents have of old sheet music, with
no luck. The only music in the Hal Leonard "Songs of 1910" collection is the
A section that is commonly known. The Library of Congress seems to only have
sound recordings, and most recordings I have heard don't seem to have the B
section I am looking for. Any suggestions?

Lisa
elisabethkisselstein@h...

14847 Re: Searching for sheet musicsopran@a...   Sun  10/21/2001
14866 Re: Searching for sheet musicKaren Mercedes   Mon  10/22/2001

emusic.com