Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  nicktenor@a...
Date:  Sat Oct 20, 2001  10:16 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:soloist voice singing in the choir

Hi Elise,

Quite a dilemma. My advice (for what it's worth) would be to have a quiet
word with the conductor, away from everyone else, and ask him/her whether
your voice is a problem at all, or how he/she would like you to sing.

Then at least you won't be wondering?

It's been a while since I sang in the chorus for Messiah - the last time was,
I believe, around 1991, when I was invivted to sing in a very small choir (16
voices) for a performance at Haworth Parish Church, for the worldwide Bronte
Society. Most enjoyable, though I didn't really have a problem because back
then, I was still only 22, and my voice was much less distinctive than has
latterly become!

Very best wishes - if your conductor is even half-way reasonable, I'm sure
you'll find the answer and be able to enjoy yourself more.

Nick
www.tenorecord.com - my CD!
www.nicksales.com - my personal website

emusic.com