Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Fri Oct 19, 2001  5:39 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Forgetting how to breathe

Nande wrote:

N> I know exactly what you mean! I even start to hyperventilate (well,
N> amost) when I pay too much attention to my breathing.

It's funny that this thread should come up now. I've just started
working on a paper for a graduate class. The topic is the respiratory
system in relation to singing.

I've run into a problem in that I can only take notes/write for about
2 hour maximum per day, at which point I become too dizzy to think
because I've been breathing strangely - every muscle movement I read
about I subconsciously move, and I'm hyperventilating.

I'll be very glad when I'm done!

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL

emusic.com