Vocalist.org archive

From:  <williams@e...>
Date:  Tue May 9, 2000  7:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] career + children

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for so thoughtfully communicating the dilemma so many of us
singing parents face. I find it incredibly sad that an artist like Renee
rarely sees her children and the strain of her traveling schedule has
perhaps(IMO)contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.

I am married to another musician who has turned down offers to "tour" on the
road because we both want to be the ones to raise our children and our
marriage comes first. (We've been together 15 years.) If that means we both
will only have regional (or Internet!) careers, then so be it.

I do appreciate all your insightful comments on Vocalist.

Valerie Williams

http://www.vocalsplendor.com

emusic.com