Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 17, 2001  2:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion

Karen,

Great post too, but you seem to think William
Shakespeare (the vocal teacher) is doing ok? Maybe
I've misread, but by God, I had a teacher at the RCM
who favoured his 'method' and that's why I began
teaching singing. So no poor swine could ever be
taught as badly again!!!!

I ended up (and I've said this on here before)
completely, and I mean completely! voiceless after
three months of his rotten technique!!! I'd been
singing without blemish or problem for 14 years
previously!! Nothing much else to say, but I hope no
one's following his spurious book (which you find in
junk shops: I use the word advisedly!) if they are,
they need help!!

All the best,

Ian: Nearly wrecked himself by codswallop Royal
College of Music teaching!

14766 Re: Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & OpinionKaren Mercedes   Wed  10/17/2001

emusic.com