Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 17, 2001  1:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion & God Bless Ron for his opinions!

Dear Ron,

I am stunned and amazed: stunned and amazed at the
sense of your missive!! Brilliant!!!
I was going to write an enormous missive back, but
here said by Ron makes such wonderful sense that I'm
not going to bother. If any other lister disagrees
(and I'm sure they will) that's their business, but
I've not read such a fabulous diatribe for ages!

I have been on this list for approximately 3 years,
when, generally it seems I've put a good thought here
and there, and have had some nice feedback back. I
have had also, some very negative posts: and, indeed,
this is not the site for such rubbish. Generally if
you don't agree with something, you should, of course
say so. I relate that to your thread on
miniature/fringe voices and if you get lots of grief,
well, so what!!

I love what you've had to say, but will say only one
thing which you may have forgotten. Only a very short
while ago; even in the 1960's so-called 'pop' and
'musical' singers sang with much more 'classical'
technique and even dare I say it? Style! I only put
these thoughts down as I do honestly think we have to
change our style of teaching, but not how to teach a
voice. They are very different things: the larynx,
after all hasn't changed since we started phonation
back in the dark ages. Well, ish!!

All the best,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!