Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Oct 16, 2001  10:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Does anyone know . . . ?

It did strike me that the soprano version of "How beautiful" is not so
high that a lyric mezzo couldn't sing it successfully. Again, I haven't
got the score in front of me, but I did listen to the aria done by a few
different sopranos before posting my last response to this thread - and it
struck me that the key was hardly in the "pain" register. I think,
frankly, it's similar to "Come unto him" in Part I - yes, written for
soprano, but I've done it quite comfortably. "How beautiful" seems to have
similar range/tessitura in the soprano key. It's certainly not as
high-feeling as "I know that my redeemer" or "Rejoice greatly".

KM
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |