Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Oct 15, 2001  11:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Is it crass? Bio question

John Link wrote:

> P.S. My idea that the entire bio is advertising helps to explain why
> I think statements such as "I am so happy to be performing with this
> director" have no place in a bio.

I agree with you that those types of statements aren't
appropriate, and I'm always irritated when I read them. I
think the reason is that I think one should try to preserve
the impression that the program bio was written by the
presenter of the concert about the artists, with the
intention of informing the audience. Plus, I don't really
care what the performers think of the creative team, or who
they're thanking for their success. It sounds like "sucking
up". (Like anyone's really going to write in a program bio:
"This was the worst experience of my creative life, stay
away from this guy.")

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...