Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Mon Oct 15, 2001  5:24 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Is it crass? Bio question

Hi Marjorie,
I wouldn't consider that crass in the slightest. From an audience members
point of view, if I've enjoyed hearing a singer in this particular concert,
I'm likely to be interested in knowing where I can hear him/her again. In
addition, I'm likely to be interested simply in finding out about other
quality concerts that I might want to attend.

As a singer, I like to put things like this in a program in the hopes that
people will enjoy my singing this evening enough to be interested in coming
to hear me sing elsewhere as well. Also, for those that may just be
starting out with their careers, this is a good way to fill a little space
when they may not have a ton of previous experience to put in a bio.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Laura Ruiz
DealDivas.com - Harmonizing Culture & Price
http://www.dealdivas.com

This will be our reply to violence:
To make music more intensely,
more beautifully,