Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Sun Oct 14, 2001  3:54 pm
Subject:  Re: A question of Register-high larynx

> > my larynx was used to going
> > up and I was trying to get it to go down so the
> two
> > opposing sets of muscles were fighting with each
> > other. Not so sure if that's a technically correct
> > version of what was happening, but it is something
> > that improved over time (in my case it took years,
> >

> Do you remember what you did to fix this?

Not exactly. As I said it was a process that took a
long time, and we were working on other technical
issues at the same time so I'm not sure which specific
exercise were geared towards that or were geared
towards strengthening other areas. I'm thinking
singing with a yawn may have been one of the things
that helped.

Jennifer