Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Sat Oct 13, 2001  6:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] teacher's conduct

Greypins@a... wrote:

>obviously, there is potentially a very different version of the story.
>before getting involved with the 'politics' of another teacher's situation
>with a student, i think you need to find some way, if you can, to get another
>viewpoint. it is likely that the sole source for this story is the student.
> if the student is at fault in any way, it is unlikely she would present the
>most objective version of the events. and, if her version of the story is
>heavily biased in her favor, she may be slanting it quite innocently.

Thanks Mike!
You raised many of the "red flags" that I did when first talking to my
colleague B. The only reason that I'm getting involved in this is that
I've heard similar stories regarding this teacher coming from other
quarters. She is a member of NATS and as one of the membership
co-ordinators for our Chapter, I'm concerned.

Again thanks!

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com