Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Tina Harris <harrisstudio@h...>
Tina Harris <harrisstudio@h...>
Date:  Thu Oct 11, 2001  5:08 am
Subject:  A survey for teachers and singers

I would like to take an informal survey regarding lesson fees. If you are
a voice teacher, please complete the following questions. If you are
studying with one, you may answer for your teacher. I will compile the
results and forward them to the group. Please only answer where applicable.
If listing more than one answer per question, please list them in order of
preference or frequency.

Please respond to me privately at the email below, not through Vocalist

1. Lesson rate per single 30 minute private voice lesson (not per month) $
45 minute___________ 1 hour _________
2. Teaching environment: choose from home studio; college campus; music
store; studio; church; other (specify)
3. Location: choose from Major city (L.A., N.Y., etc...) large city,
medium city, small town, rural, other (specify)
4. Part of the country: West coast, central, east, etc....
5. Degree level in music: Doctorate; Masters (MA/MM); Bachelors (BA/BM);
credential; other (specify), none
6. Style of music taught: classical (art/opera); pop; jazz; rock; musical
theater; folk; other
7. How long have you been teaching voice?: 1-5 years; 6-10; 11-15; 16-20,
20+-30; 31+
8. Do you accompany on the piano, or pay someone else (included in student
fee)?
9. Musical experience: professional performer; community performer;
accompanist/vocal coach; school/college teacher;
choral director; musical theater/opera director; other (specify)
10. Is teaching your main source of income? If not, list percentage of
teaching income vs. non-teaching income
For example - %30 voice teaching/%70 other job.
11. How many students do you teach on average in a week? 1-5; 6-10; 11-15;
16-20; 20-25; 20+
12. Anything else you would like to include that I may have overlooked?

Thanks for your time.

*This survey is simply for my own information and interest. I am a voice
teacher/choir director and am curious about other teachers around the
country. Your email address will not be linked to your information and
will not be shared with any commercial enterprise. All replies sent to me
will be kept confidential; results compiled and sent to Vocalist will be
general in content.

Tina Harris
tinamharris@h...
tinamharris@h...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14656 A survey for teachers and singers Tako Oda   Thu  10/11/2001   2 KB
14657 Re: A survey for teachers and singers Domisosing@a...   Thu  10/11/2001   2 KB
14674 Re: A survey for teachers and singers Margaret Harrison   Sat  10/13/2001   2 KB

emusic.com