Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Wed Oct 10, 2001  4:48 am
Subject:  Performance announcement

On Tuesday, October 23rd, I will be performing with the two newest
members of the John Link Vocal Quintet, Lynelle Johnson (soprano) and
Maren Montalbano (mezzo-soprano) at the Donnell Library Center
Auditorium as part of a dance concert by Lori Belilove & Company.
Lori Belilove is the world's leading interpreter of the dance of
Isadora Duncan, the mother of modern dance. The program will include
dances from the Duncan repertoire to the following compositions for
which Lynelle, Maren, and I will be performing my arrangements for
voice and guitar: Frederic Chopin's "Prelude No. 7", "Nocturne, Op.
9, No. 2", "Mazurka, Op. 17, No. 4", "Mazurka, Op. 68, No. 2", and
Franz Schubert's "Ave Maria". This will be the first public
performance of my arrangements of these compositions. In addition we
will perform my arrangements of Chopin's "Prelude No. 4" and
Debussy's "La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin". With the exception of "Ave
Maria", all of these compositions were written for solo piano. The
program will also feature dances accompanied by recorded music. For
more information about Lori Belilove & Company, visit
http://www.isadoraduncan.org.

The Donnell Library is located at 20 West 53rd Street, between 5th
and 6th Avenues, in New York City. The program starts at 6:00 p.m.
and is FREE! For further information call the Duncan Foundation at
(212)691-5040 or the Donnell Library at (212)621-0619.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com