Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Oct 6, 2001  1:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Half-hour lessons

or maybe Lea Ann has a very unique kind of voice that
this teacher hasn't encountered much, if at all, in the past. I know my
voice just baffled my voice teacher along with others who have heard me, as
it would any of you if you heard it.

Yes Molly that's right and she has commented about it many times...saying
that I am all chest voice. I have a VERY hard time producing any "nasal"
sounds at all, and she has not encountered that before...as most women are at
least able to mimick a nasal speaking voice...well I am not able to...I think I
conditioned myself against sounding "nasal" early on because I live in Kansas
and it's such a stereotype here. So, I don't really think she is a "bad"
teacher per se, and I am fairly sure I am not a "moron" I have a VERY
interesting regular voice...most people who hear me speak say (and forgive me
for this) that it's a phone sex voice. So you get the idea...deep and chest
produced. I think my teacher has mostly young students (12-16) and young
people are pretty easy to mold and form. Well anyway...not to make a mountain
out of a mole hill...I think it would be nice if someone's time were not such a
commodity..and that's the way it feels to me. I feel the seconds and minutes
ticking away...and the learning curve in my case is steep. I hope it doesn't
take me a month or more to get a handle on this head voice thing...it's such a
basic, it woudlbe lovely if I could get a handle on it.

Lea Ann

emusic.com