Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  11:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Half-hour lessons

In a message dated 10/05/2001 6:46:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
topsop@h... writes:
topsop@h... writes:

<< I really don't appreciate reading posts that, for all intents and
purposes, are calling Lea Ann's teacher a bad teacher. No one has that
right with such limited information. Maybe (s)he's new to the profession
and doesn't have a set method for teaching certain things yet, maybe (s)he's
having a hard time giving Lea Ann an example to which she can really relate
(everyone learns differently), or maybe Lea Ann has a very unique kind of
voice that this teacher hasn't encountered much, if at all, in the past. I
know my voice just baffled my voice teacher along with others who have heard
me, as it would any of you if you heard it. >>

I'm not trying to change your mind, but frankly, I haven't noticed anyone
giving the impression that her teacher is bad. I've had 2 or 3 students that
I've never gotten anywhere with (I've been teaching now as a full-time job
since 9/98). I think we've all given suggestions of exercises that we like,
and I've picked up a few things from other people's suggestions as well.
More than a few people have said, "without hearing you, it's hard to know..."

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>