Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Molly S" <topsop@h...>
"Molly S" <topsop@h...>
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  11:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Half-hour lessons

Man, I see the possibility for this conversation to turn ugly; lots of
people could potentially get overly defensive about their opinions on
singing, something that obviously matters to all of us very much.

Personally, I've always had one-hour lessons and I feel that I have
benefitted from this. Maybe 1/2 hour lessons would have been okay, too, but
I guess I'll never know.

I really don't appreciate reading posts that, for all intents and purposes,
are calling Lea Ann's teacher a bad teacher. No one has that right with
such limited information. Maybe (s)he's new to the profession and doesn't
have a set method for teaching certain things yet, maybe (s)he's having a
hard time giving Lea Ann an example to which she can really relate (everyone
learns differently), or maybe Lea Ann has a very unique kind of voice that
this teacher hasn't encountered much, if at all, in the past. I know my
voice just baffled my voice teacher along with others who have heard me, as
it would any of you if you heard it.

That's my two cents worth, and I really don't care who agrees or disagrees
with me, because, from where I see it, no one is going to change anyone
else's mind in this forum, especially on this topic.

Molly