Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  EJohans@U...
EJohans@U...
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  8:17 pm
Subject:  1/2 hour lessons

<<1/2 hour lessons are not too short, depending on the level of the
student.
If it is some where you are putting the voice together and working
mainly on
vocalises or it's a rehab patient, they are fine.

Randy Buescher>>

I guess I run my hour lessons differently. I think teaching requires
some explanation and not just activity. If all a student does is sing
during a lesson, then there may not be a lot of teaching going on. No
offense to folks who teach 1/2 hours; I find such lessons cramp my
teaching and the student's learning. We don't have time to try things
out together more than once.

Pax,

ERIK JOHANSON
Tenor