Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  1:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Singing better when exhausted

In a message dated 10/5/2001 7:36:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ingo_d@y... writes:
ingo_d@y... writes:

<< I've been having a rather curious experience of the last four months --
I'm finding that I have my best lessons after a work week that has left
me completely exhausted and without any time for practice, whereas
lessons after a normal work week are a complete struggle. It's almost
as if by being very tired I end up relying on my technique more and
just let it happen. Conversely, when I'm rested I end up trying to
guide/control my voice with less than spectacular results. >>

ingo,

maybe you are too tired to screw yourself up. you know, at these times,
you only have enough energy to do a few things and you end up doing that
which you know works best. there have been too many examples of 'not so
bright' singers in all styles of music, who have proven that singing is not
rocket science. therefore, making it so is probably an error.

to duplicate this sense of clarity, i think you just need to try to keep
singing as simple as possible. you might even keep your thoughts about 'how
to do it', non verbal. if nothing else works, you could always go out and
run five miles.

mike

emusic.com