Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  11:33 am
Subject:  Singing better when exhausted

Hi,

I've been having a rather curious experience of the last four months --
I'm finding that I have my best lessons after a work week that has left
me completely exhausted and without any time for practice, whereas
lessons after a normal work week are a complete struggle. It's almost
as if by being very tired I end up relying on my technique more and
just let it happen. Conversely, when I'm rested I end up trying to
guide/control my voice with less than spectacular results.

My teacher and I have talked about this quite a bit and his advice is
to be patient and to focus on the good thing -- mainly that my
technique is developing nicely. His view is that it's only a matter of
time until all the bits and pieces click in when I'm rested. Patience,
unfortunately is not my strong suite especially since I know my voice
can work properly.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can replicate my success when I'm
exhausted to when I'm feeling rested?

Thanks!
Ingo

14510 Re: Singing better when exhausted Greypins@a...   Fri  10/5/2001   3 KB
14516 Re: Singing better when exhausted mrclmind@a...   Fri  10/5/2001   3 KB
14518 Re: Singing better when exhausted peggyh@i...   Fri  10/5/2001   3 KB
14528 Re: Singing better when exhausted Jennifer   Fri  10/5/2001   2 KB

emusic.com