Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Peter Louis van Dijk" <plvdijk@i...>
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  4:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] NEW TOPIC - Recitals

----------
Diane wrote:

>> Is anyone familiar with the book, "The Art of the Song Recital" by Emmons
> &
>> Sonntag? At first glance, it seems to be an excellent reference for how
> to put
>> them together (which I'm doing, obviously!).

>Fiona replied:
> Diane, yes it's a very good book that I recommend. It gives lots of ideas,
> and also plenty of examples of different types of recitals.

I have given all my students a copy of the page on how to go about learning
a new song. I remind them {and myself) that it takes 7 repetitions to learn
something and 35 repetitions to unlearn mistakes.As good a reason as any to
take time to learn it right the first time!:0).

Regards

Susi
C T RSA

emusic.com