Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  RossiniSop@a...
RossiniSop@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 3, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  Re: Flonase spray

Cindy said, in response to a question from Audrey about getting educated
about allergy medicines:

<<
Please don't take this amiss, but is it really your place ( or our place),
to educate others about specific medications if we are not physicians,
pharmacists or chemists? I understand your concern regarding the use of
cortico-steroids but for many allergy-suffering singers it is a first line
of treatment. Is it really your place to second guess your student's
physician? I agree that we need to educate ourselves about medications but
is it appropriate to "educate" your student's parents? I think not. >>

I canNOT agree. Because of years of prescription allergy medication(Seldane,
Hismanal, Claritin), which finally culminated in steroidal sprays (Beconase
and Rhinocort), I now have a huge range of health problems, including
Cushing's syndrome, Candidiasis, leaky gut syndrome, and overweight. I have
lost several singing jobs because of the weight, and it is also causing other
health problems with my back, legs and feet. I WISH my voice teacher or
someone had questioned my doctors about long-term effects of these seemingly
helpful and harmless medications.

Audrey, you go right out there and find out anything and everything you can!
For me, those medications are no longer an option---I won't even take
antibiotics anymore because of my Candida. I had to investigate alternative
medicine after unquestioning use of traditional methods of treatment, and am
almost allergy-free due to acupuncture and other herbal and chinese remedies.
So, now my allergies are gone, and in their place are all the other, bigger
problems!

btw, I have a degree in chemistry and that didn't help me, did it?

Elise Curran
Orlando, FL

emusic.com