Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  qed <qed@n...>
qed <qed@n...>
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  10:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A question of register

mrclmind@a... wrote:

> One of the biggest surprizes these women
> experience is how much their top end has been extended once they have
> a connection to the bottom.
>
> Guy Babusek

My teacher, who has had significant success with training "classical"
singers, including some with international operatic careers, and who never
talks mix, register, mechanism etc, also knows that good low notes help the
high notes. In fact, to fix a high phrase that isn't sitting quite right she
will say to sing the phrase an octave lower, in my best contralto-imitation,
then ask for it an octave higher....Works virtually every time. She also
says from time to time: "Say it.....now sing it that way."

Helen Duggan

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14458 Re: A question of register mrclmind@a...   Wed  10/3/2001   2 KB

emusic.com