Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  7:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: A question of register

In a message dated 10/02/2001 11:29:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
harrisstudio@h... writes:
harrisstudio@h... writes:

<< Speaking of pop singers, although I've never been a fan of Madonna, you
can
tell she really studied to get the high notes in Evita, She sounds better
than I would have expected in her head/mix.

I am a fan of Madonna in concert - I think she's a heck of a performer and I
think the song "Like a Prayer" has to be one of the best pop songs ever
written. HOWEVER, listening to the EVITA soundtrack, I think, "This is
recorded and that's the best intonation she can come up with? OUCH." I feel
the same way about Brandi on the remake of CINDERELLA ... "This is recorded
and the orchestra is still overpowering her???"

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>