Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  8:06 pm
Subject:  Interesting opera poll result

I saw this on another e-mail list. I have to admit that I'm a bit
surpirsed by the results, but since my Spanish is rather poor I
couldn't track down the actual results on the Opera Actual site. I can
could understand the preference of current tenors over singers from
earlier in the century, but Pavarotti's last place strikes me as odd.

Ingo

--------------------------

José Carreras has been chosen by the visitors to the Opera Actual
website, as the tenor the most noticeable of the century XX, raising
35% of the total voting from the May and June months. Placido Domingo
received the 2nd range with 26%, following by Alfredo Kraus (7%), Jussi
Bjorling (6%), Enrico caruso, Franco Corelli and Luciano Pavarotti
(4%).

http://phone.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14460 Re: Interesting opera poll resultRossiniSop@a...   Wed  10/3/2001
14477 Re: Interesting opera poll resultIngo Duckerschein   Thu  10/4/2001

emusic.com