Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "tracy madsen" <maddy_t11@h...>
"tracy madsen" <maddy_t11@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  6:35 pm
Subject:  a call for help

Hello all. This is Tracy. I've posted here twice, but haven't gotten much of
a response. I'll be brief (mostly because I'm at work right now...) I'm
getting ready to start teaching some voice lessons. I have my bachelor's in
Vocal Performance and Pedagogy, but it's been almost 2 years since I
graduated, and I've been out of the music loop for a while. I'm starting to
suffer for lack of music in my life, and I've decided the time has come to
start doing what I've trained to do. BUT... I'm rusty, out of shape myself,
and frankly scared to start. I don't want to mess anyone's voice up. I know
I don't have all the answers, and the thought of being less than a wonderful
teacher is a horrible one indeed. I know that there are many of you out
there that are fantastic teachers. I would really just like some pointers on
how to get started. Books to read, pedagogical methods to study, any
confidence boosting advice you can think of...

Thanks a whole lot.
Tracy

14422 Re: a call for help Domisosing@a...   Tue  10/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com