Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  7:04 pm
Subject:  That pesky high B - outcome

Well, I made my recording this morning, and we did three takes of the
"Seguidille" - NOT because of the high B, but because of other "glitches"
(like a baby in daycare crying out just as I did the last run of "la la"
on the first take - that's what one gets for being cheap and recording in
a church sanctuary instead of a studio). And the interesting this is that
I did a bright, shimmering high B each time without giving it any thought.
Just thought the note and out it came, right in perfect pitch. Even more
interesting is that I had decided not to record this aria, then at the
last minute decided to go ahead an do it "as insurance" (along with three
others). So I hadn't even spent any time working on the "problem" note in
the past few days.

I'm beginning to think now that I may have had some edema of the vocal
folds that was complicating matters, because my entire voice felt freer
today than it has in the past few days. My coloratura on "Iris, Hence
away" was also much more fluid than it had been.

Again thanks to all for your help. If this audition tape comes out as
well as I hope it will, I will FINALLY get to post a soundbyte or two on
my website in the coming weeks.

KM
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |