Vocalist.org archive

From:  JSJoel@c...
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  2:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "faching up"

Dr Diane wrote this a couple of weeks ago. For myself one distinction
I would make is in the quality and sustainability of the sound. I can
pretty easily vocalize up to F5 (and down to Bb1), but the core of my
voice is basically between E2 and C5. Now: does that make me a tenor,
a bass, or a baritone? ;-)

Jeffrey Joel
--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC
DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...> wrote:
> Leslie wrote:
>
> > A new teacher who
> believes that if you can vocalise a note with a decent sound and
in the
> center of the pitch, then you can sing it.
>
> I must be missing something here. Please help me understand the
difference
> between vocalizing a note and singing it.
>
> |\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes
College
> | 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
> () http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com