Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Denis J. Lanza" <voxman@s...>
"Denis J. Lanza" <voxman@s...>
Date:  Mon Oct 1, 2001  4:25 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] one more thing

Sorry Guys:
I was up at my band's studio in Boston the whole weekend so couldn't reply
to the posts. On the plus side, we covered a lot of ground and rehearsed a
lot of the vocal harmonies and main melodies so they are ready to be
recorded. There is one part in particular I am excited about. In one of our
songs, I hit and sustain a High F (above Tenor C) in full voice for 5
measure of 3/4. Well now my keyboardist will sustain the D beneath me in
falsetto and my guitarist the Bb beneath that in his falsetto. The blend is
awesome with me in full voice so more powerful, louder, powerful and
standing out but their light straight tone falsetto voices underneath me. It
sounds kinda like old Yes! :=)
Anywho, to the REAL question. LOL! Geoff Tate is the lead vocalist of
Queensryche. His earlier work really illustrates his rich classical vocal
training with Maestro David Kyle. The Queensryche album "Rage for Order" is
vocally mind-boggling!!

Yours In Music,
Denis J. Lanza
Lead Vocalist - Infinity Minus One