Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 30, 2001  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: I am a late starter--- Question: listening to yourself

In a message dated 9/29/01 1:19:32 PM, hild@c... writes:

<< Do
I trust more in what I hear or in what's recorded?????????????????? >>

Bruna,

I meant don't listen to yourself while singing. Focus on sending the tone and
the message out to the audience.

I often use recordings to assess what I'm doing and find it quite helpful.
However, you've got to be aware that the quality of a home recording is
nothing like a professional recording studio--so again, don't compare
yourself to your favorite singer. Just note what you like about what you
hear--and listen for opportunities to improve specifics in your technique.

Judy

emusic.com