Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Sep 28, 2001  9:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I am a late starter

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Elizabeth Finkler wrote:

> time, 15 on exercises and 15 for material. If you're trying to learn arias
> etc. and feel you need more practice time, try just reading through it,
> picking it out on a keyboard, mentally noting what you want to do in each
> phrase and/or where the hard parts are.

I've actually found that "marking" when I work on high-tessitura arias by
singing them an octave low is very helpful to my technique overall,
particularly when I'm spending a lot of time with high-tessitura
repertoire and otherwise neglecting my low-middle and chest registers.

KM
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |