Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 28, 2001  5:46 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Falsetto range

Mike,

now, what's the difference between adducted head voice, and the "head voice"
that men go into in their upper (yet non-falsetto) range?

I ask because I have a young tenor whose upper voice has two extremes: a very
pushed, chesty upper register, and a very light falsetto. I'm trying to find
a middle ground, but he's been singing like this for so long, that his voice
doesn't want to do much else. I figure the best place to start is with the
falsetto, rather than with the other, because at least it is a healthy sound.
The next step seems rather difficult, however. How to go from that falsetto
to a nice, rich supported sound? This is when I wish that i could go into
his body and try it for myself, because as a mezzo I have no idea what this
might feel like...

Lauren

emusic.com