Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Sep 26, 2001  4:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sop/bari duets

topsop@h... wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to find a good soprano/baritone duet. We'll be
> giving a concert in Costa Rica, where the two of us will be
> singing several solos and arias, and we've been told to find a
> crowd-pleaser duet as a finale.

I've considered "La ci darem la mano" as a
> possibility, but I'd love to hear some other possibilities,
> especially if they were not Mozart!

Of course, "La ci darem" is about as crowd-pleasing as it
gets!

A great concert-opener duet for a lower and higher voice is
Purcell's "Sound the Trumpet"

You can also do the "Rossini" Cat Duet. The fun in that one
is the "script" you write for yourself.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14224 searching the archives for tenor/ bari duets Trevor Allen   Wed  9/26/2001   2 KB

emusic.com