Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 24, 2001  11:31 pm
Subject:  I'm ba-ack! and Looking for a Psalm 42 setting

Yes, I've managed to dodge the terrorists and get home to my cat, my
faithful Indian companion and my herb planter.

I'm trying to track down a setting of Psalm 42 ("As the hart longs..."), in
two parts, to an "Appalachian traditional" melody. (The tune is actually
Irish, and called "The Water Is Wide.") I seem to remember that the
arranger's name is Pomeroy.

I only had an old and completely illegal copy. I'd like to get at least one
(better yet, two) legal copies. But at the moment, I CAN'T EVEN FIND THE
ILLEGAL COPY!

Prompt replies appreciated, as I'd like to do this for the anthem at St.
Luke's Los Gatos next Sunday.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...