Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Fri Sep 21, 2001  3:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] prince hal becomes Henry V

president bush...whatever he does is far better than
anything i could ever think of.

Dear Mike:

Yours is a very interesting comment and reminds me of
many remarks last night that, partisanship aside, we
were all responding as Americans, not Democrats,
Republicans, Independents, etc.

One wonders if a parallel can be made with your new
understanding of the Presidency and the purpose an
orchestral conductor serves. True, all the musicians of
the orchestra are usually well-educated and expert in
the execution of their instruments and the
interpretation of the piece at hand and perhaps even its
performance practice. So why would they need a
conductor?

Sometimes the group needs the single, unifying
interpretation and direction (leadership?)to mold its
sound and the particular performance of that particular
piece or evening's program in order for the music to be
made and the point of it (in the spirit intended
by its creators) received by the audience.

We all have our rights granted by our country's
creators, our education and opinions, as individual
Americans, plus the officals we've elected to represent
us, but it certainly is helpful, especially through
difficult passages, to be able to look toward and feel
confident in a leader and rely, hopefully, on an
intelligent, informed and inspired direction.

It is the performance of a lifetime. ALL of our lives.

Thanks for your point of view, Mike.
--Erica

emusic.com