Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Thu Sep 13, 2001  1:43 am
Subject:  Need appropriate offertory solo...

Hi there,
I'm supposed to do the offertory solo at the church I work for this week and
I feel like I should do something to honor the lives lost this week and/or
our country. But I'm really not sure what might be appropriate. I work at
a Congregational church so style is pretty well open, although I don't sing
pop-style music at all.

I was thinking that an arrangement of "God Bless America" might be
appropriate, but I don't personally know of any good arrangements.

Does anyone have any suggestions, either of a good arrangement of the above
piece, or of another appropriate piece I could do? I'm a lyric coloratura
with a good middle C (is that C1? I've never been clear on those
classifications).

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Laura Ruiz

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14091 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...Lee Morgan   Thu  9/13/2001
14093 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...Kevin Hollis   Thu  9/13/2001
14096 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...Laura Sharp   Thu  9/13/2001
14105 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/13/2001
14098 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...sopran@a...   Thu  9/13/2001
14109 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/13/2001
14114 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...lolipastor@a...   Fri  9/14/2001
14115 Re: Need appropriate offertory solo...lolipastor@a...   Fri  9/14/2001

emusic.com