Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Wed Sep 12, 2001  8:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: Zephaniah 1:14-16 and 2:15

Thanks, Karen for posting from the TANAKH. I hope no one over-reacts to the
phrasing of "the gay city" as a label on NYC as it reads from the TANAKH!
Email intentions are so easily misconstrued!

The entire three chapters of Zephaniah have an amazing uncanniness of parallel
to the events of 9/11. It prompted me to reread the entire passage of this
more obscure Biblical writing. Each individuals' interpretation, are just that
- individual.

I loved chapter 3, verse 14's reference to both singing and to women/daughters.
I take delight in the thought of God not only being with us, as a mighty one to
save,
but that he can delight in us,
quiet us with his love and
rejoice over us with singing...
awesome!

And as Chapter 2 exhorts,
Let's "gather together" instead of finding reasons to be divided.
Would it be so bad for us as care-takers of the same planet,
to try to live in the actuality
of being ONE NATION UNDER GOD?

Zephaniah at this point in time transcends being a literary art form
awesome as art is. It has a message for our spirits if we listen.
Shalom!
Ginny
Did you notice that the date of yesterday's crisis was 9-1-1? Weird again!