Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Wed Sep 12, 2001  6:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF TOPIC:Timely words

1st post: Ginny said:.... Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 2:1-3 (NIV) Note verse 16's
reference to the TOWERS.

Response:
Tina asked: Hi Ginny
What is verse 16's reference to the towers?
Thanks, TinaO

2nd Post:
Dear Tina,
From the New International Version of the Bible it reads in Zephaniah1:15-16:
That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish,
a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom,
a day of clouds and blackness, a day of trumpet and battle cry
against the corner towers.

In Chapter 2:3 says:
Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
you who do what he commands,
Seek righteousness, seek humility...

Verse 14-15 says:
Their calls will echo through the windows,
Rubble will be in the doorways,
This is the carefree city that lived in safety.
She said to herself,
"I am, and there is none besides me."
What a ruin she has become...

Chapter 3; verse 7:
Then will I purify the lips of the peoples,
that all of them may call on the name of the Lord
and serve him shoulder to shoulder...

And in verse 17:
The Lord your God is with you,
he is might to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

Verse 19:
At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you...
Verse 20:
At that time I will gather you;
at that time I will bring you home.
I will give you honor and praise
among all the peoples of the earth
when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes, "
says the Lord.

Shalom!
Ginny Allen

P.S. To the list:
I am not implying any spin on these words.
I just feel it is noteworthy that these words are recorded in this Scripture
as a prophetic word from the Lord through the Prophet Zephaniah.
The correlation to what happened Tuesday is uncanny.

Each person's own relationship with God
and personal experiences will determine individual interpretations.
I am not attempting to interpret, just to point out
the correlation of the description to what we are living through.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14085 Re: OFF TOPIC:Timely words Patricia M Smith   Thu  9/13/2001   4 KB
14086 Re: OFF TOPIC:Timely words sopran@a...   Thu  9/13/2001   2 KB
14094 Re: OFF TOPIC:Timely words Chris Rowbury   Thu  9/13/2001   3 KB
14092 Re: OFF TOPIC:Timely words PJ. Garner   Thu  9/13/2001   5 KB

emusic.com