Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Sep 12, 2001  2:17 am
Subject:  the best revenge is business as usual

hi everyone,

a very weird day for all of us. i was finally able to talk to my sister
at 1:30. the director of the music school i teach at here in north
carolina, found out around 6:00 that her three cousins who worked in the
world trade center were safe, one having only injured his foot. i have
heard a number of stories where some people just happened not to go into work
today for some reason or another. horribly, there will be many who have
been killed.

i ask you to remember the story of 'the grinch who stole christmas'. he
thought by taking away the trinkets of christmas, he could end the spirit of
christmas. he was wrong! though he had taken all their toys and trees,
roast beast and christmas pudding, on christmas day, the whos (sp) got up,
went outside and sang. the grinch had failed. christmas still went on.

though i might whine and complain, the way of life that i, and many
others, take for granted, is under attack. the purpose of the attack is to
stop us all from living this life. and, i don't mean just americans, i
mean all of us who are trying to be citizens of a better world. though it
might be difficult, the best thing we can all do to minimize the effect of
these attacks is to get back to business as usual. or, better yet, to
business as usual with extra zeal. honor the dead by living to the fullest.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14073 Re: the best revenge is business as usuallolipastor@a...   Wed  9/12/2001
14078 Re: the best revenge is business as usualsopran@a...   Wed  9/12/2001