Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 8, 2001  12:48 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] nasal voice

<< Should I close the passage to my nasal cavity when I sing or keep it
open? >>

joe,

the back entrance to your nose needs to be able to open and close. for
the letter 'M' it needs to be open but for the letter 'B' it needs to be
closed, for example. if you are getting the ross perot sound, you have
probably constricted your throat and have reduced the resonance in your voice
to something less than desired. you could try holding your nose and singing
like you have a cold or, you could sing like a moron (like 'duh'). this
would drop your larynx and, essentially produce a very different sound. if
you can then go slowly from one sound to the other, you'll notice, somewhere
in the middle, is a sound more to your liking.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14018 Re: nasal voice Joe King   Sat  9/8/2001   4 KB

emusic.com