Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  RossiniSop@a...
RossiniSop@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 7, 2001  6:39 am
Subject:  Re: SAB rep

Trevor asked:

<< Any suggestions on specific rep or where we can go for SAB material would
be extremely appreciated. >>

Here are a few things:
"Soave sia al vento" from Cosi fan tutte

"So please you sir, we much regret" from The Mikado
--I admit this is reaching a bit, because there's a 3rd girl(though she has
no solo line) and chorus accompaniment, but it will work as a trio

the Mozart trios that include basset horns, K. 436, 437, 438,439,346,549
-the male line is for a bass, like the above-mentioned Cosi, but it's not
very low; you could get 3 clarinet players to do the basset horn parts on
clarinet, since I am sure your school won't have 3 basset horns!! (basset
horns are something like an alto clarinet, but with a small bore, and in the
key of F instead of Eb)--these are wonderful pieces!

the Act 2 scene in Nozze di Figaro, with Susanna, the Countess, and the Count
--even though Susanna and the Countess are both sopranos, the writing will
work for a soprano and mezzo

"L'usato ardir" from Semiramide by Rossini

If I think of any more I'll let you know....

Elise Curran
Orlando, FL

emusic.com