Vocalist.org archive

From:  Diane Moore <adinca@i...>
Date:  Fri May 5, 2000  6:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TMJ

Audrey, haven't had a student with professed TMJ, so this is offered with the
caveat of not knowing the particulars of that: tongue trills (rolling "r" on
pitch) and lip trills (can anyone else describe this hysterical sound?!) not
only work on a steadier breath but help relax both tongue & lip areas. Also,
sticking out the tongue and stretching it to touch the chin reeeally relaxes the
jaw/larynx area.

As I said, these are offered without specific knowledge of TMJ, so please don't
jump on me if I've suggested the opposite of what should be done in such cases.

Diane