Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Wed Sep 5, 2001  6:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] hiatus hernia and the vanished head voice

> > Anyway, I digress!! The real reason for this post
> was
> > to ask a lister how the acid thing feels. . .

My symptoms included occasional pain in the chest
(heartburn), goop in my throat after eating, chronic
sore throat, and a nasty cough/shortness of breath
that I and the doctors thought was asthma for years
until a gastroenterologist explained it could be due
to reflux, and when I finally got the reflux under
control my asthma symptoms almost completely
disappeared. Needless to say, these things were not
pleasant for a singer to experience!

I use over the counter Pepcid (aka famotidine) at
twice the recommended dose (prescription strength
without the prescription price :o), plus I have
elevated the head of my bed, avoid eating for at least
2 hours before I lie down, and avoid eating certain
things and for the most part my symptoms are under
control.

Jennifer